Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy Halloween!

Had a pretty good weekend. We hosted a Halloween party this past Saturday and I had a really good time. Had a pretty good turnout, both in amount of people and percentage of those who wore costumes. X made plenty of food (when doesn't he?), got some pictures, and everyone spent time talking. The following movies played on the big screen during the night: Evil Dead II, Army of Darkness and House of a 1000 Corpses. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and although it was a smaller turnout (4 couples, then two hosts) I think I wouldn't have wanted many more people showing up. It's been a while since I threw a party at my house, so this was a good gauge in case I want to throw some bashes before the year is up.

Just a couple of items to report. Was reading Slashdot earlier today, and they linked to a review of a book that I took an immediate liking to. In fact, when talking to Badstar earlier today and he suggested we meet up at Borders tonight before RAW, I decided I would purchase it. A few of us used to go to Borders often. We would all meet up and peruse the isles, then usually sit in the coffee shop and chat. Most of the time it would be idle banter, but when you're amongst friends you really don't have to talk about anything important. Lately, we all haven't been able to meet up like we used to. On those rare occasions that we do make the time, we usually chat while walking around the store, because once we're done someone usually has to be somewhere. I'm not complaining, I just wonder where all my free time has gone (obviously not that far if I can sit here at 12:08 AM typing this). Anyway, picked up the book I was looking for as well as another one titled The Modern Drunkard. Any book that lists it's first chapter as "Real Drunks Don't Drink Zima" is a book I need to own!

Hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween, and I'll be checking in later.

1 comment:

Nafa said...

And an excellent time was had by all, thanks to our gracious hosts. Thank you again!