Tuesday, February 07, 2006

CCNA/CCDA Training: Day 2 -- Subnetting and Examination

I am not going to go over most of the boring details of what went on today. Just know that most of the morning we covered the topic of Subnetting, as it has traditionally been a heavily tested subject on the CCNA exams. We pretty much spent most of the time up until our lunch working on this, which was fine with me because I wanted more practice.

For this class, we are testing for CCNA certification in two parts. The first test was this afternoon, where we could start it anytime between 16:00 -- 18:00. After lunch I was feeling pretty confident, and pretty much considered myself a subnetting god at that point. I spent a majority of my time before the test studying more on the concepts and troubleshooting aspects of routing, and I spent some time going over the router commands.

Ugh, I said I was going to spare you the details and here I am explaining the day to you in bloody, boring detail. To pass the first test, one needs to score an 825 out of 1000. I scored a 914.

You remember what ol' Jack Burton says at a time like that: Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yes, sir, the check is in the mail.