Friday, January 25, 2008

Odds and ends I

My thoughts have been a little scattered lately. Don't know why, and it's not really a bad thing, but I just haven't been able to concentrate on any one thing at all this last week. That's probably a little odd for some people to hear, since I'm sure most of my friends think I at least have some mild form of OCD. I tend to keep things neat and orderly, and have been caught straightening items that have been moved by mere inches. But, seriously, I really have been in a funk and unable to concentrate. This post will probably reflect that, as I am just planning on posting whatever comes to mind regardless of whether any of it is related or not. Don't know what that will accomplish, but hopefully it will allow me to reflect and then redirect my energies in a more concentrated effort.
  • Man, I have way too many interests or at the very least, too many things I want to do or accomplish within a short amount of time. Studying to better myself professionally (Cisco), studying to better myself personally (German, Spanish or Japanese), exercise (see next bullet point), finishing some games, watching some DVDs, going out and meeting people, future travel plans ... Unfortunately, this week I feel like I have let myself get sidetracked constantly and just haven't done much of anything.

  • Did you know that I've gotten back in to taking martial arts lessons? Probably not, since I only told a few people when I started up. But yeah, I've been taking lessons at Fairtex Muay Thai in Mountain View since last September. You wouldn't know it, though, because I haven't gone consistently enough to make it noticeable. I'll expand on this in a later blog post ...

  • I have a decision to make within the next month's time. I am really interested in going back to Japan this year. The person who ran the tour I went on two years ago has started a new tour company, and he has a tour going the end of March through the beginning of April. I have at least one friend going. But it runs through Wrestlemania, which isn't that big a deal to some of you but I'm sure that some people (KS-1 at least) would not look kindly on my missing that PPV. In fact, I'm sure there's at least some expectation that I will be back in Tampa for said PPV. But I really want to go back to Japan, on this tour, and hopefully in time for cherry blossom season.

  • Watching the Royal Rumble right now. What the hell did Shelton Benjamin do to piss off the WWE? ... John Cena just appeared as the 30th entrant into the Rumble. I can hear KS-1's screams of agony all the way here. Although I love the New York crowd's reaction to the whole thing. Every time Cena lands a punch, "Booo!". Every time a punch lands on Cena, "Yea!". ... Wow, I did not see that ending coming at all ...

  • Just so you know, I Support Big Boss for President in 2008.

  • Last Friday I was very lucky to have been chosen to assist Capcom in testing a game before it is released. I cannot say anymore on this due to the NDA I signed, but in case you are wondering we testers did get some nice swag for our time.

I'm going to end this all here. Besides being all over the place, I haven't been able to post this when I wanted to since my internet connection at home has been down for the last two days. Comcast is supposed to fix it tonight, but we'll see. Expect some more blogging over the weekend, as long as I can get online.

No comments: