Saturday, September 19, 2009

Finally, Eric has come back to ...

Here I am, it's Saturday, September 19, and I'm about four days out from traveling back to Japan.

It's funny, but you would think a trip as big as this would be something I would have kept track of. Yet, I only realized about a week ago that this was really happening! That I was going back to see Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto! Luckily, I planned ahead a little bit and had some $$$ changed into ¥ at my bank so I would already have cash upon landing (it helps to actually have the correct currency if I want to get some snacks at the airport). But this week I've been a whirlwind of activity; getting supplies and medicine, taking care of bills early, preparing my cameras, charging my netbook and psp, and zoning out at work occasionally because I'd rather think about Japan.

So, what am I looking for on this trip? Wherever I go, I always want to experience the culture, people and food. Mmmmmmmmm ... food and drink! Okinomiyaki, yakisoba, ramen, curry, Mos Burger, yakiniku, Asahi Super Dry, sake, tea! I am a huge gamer, so the fact that Intermixi is going to the Tokyo Game Show is Pure Win! Shopping, and this time not just for myself. There's so much I can buy: electronics, games, souvenirs, figures, anime goods/merchandise, clothes, etc. I plan on taking a lot of pictures wherever we go. I've kind of taken up photography as a minor hobby, and I am hoping that I can really capture some memories. Going through the cities, walking in the big intersection in Shibuya, seeing Hachiko, walking through Harajuku, maybe even see some street performers. I also can't wait to meet the other people going on this tour. I've met great people on my previous tours, and I expect that trend to continue.

Ugh, I still have a lot to do. It doesn't help that I will be visiting a friend in Los Angeles, so I need to have everything ready and packed before I fly out tomorrow. But it doesn't matter, this is what a trip is all about!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude if you have time you should see the life-size Gundam in Odaiba. Fuuuuuucking huge is what it is. Plus Odaiba has a lot of fun stuff to do. Especially Joypolis...it's an indoor amusement park. I don't know how much unplanned time you have.

I can't wait to hit TGS next weekend. This is gonna be the coolest =)