Friday, July 09, 2010

Intermixi TGS Tour - Day 8, Part 3

IMG_1947

The final stop was to Kiyomizu-dera. The walk up to the main temple complex is filled with all kinds of small shops and food vendors selling their various wares. The temple complex is filled with various shrines and areas dedicated to different things, if I remember correctly.

IMG_1957

Like, here, where a waterfall flows down beneath the main hall. It is said that drinking the water has therapeutic properties.

IMG_1973

IMG_1989


I cannot remember if I drank from any of the streams myself. I guess that's why I have not received the gifts of either health, wisdom or longevity. Regardless, Kiyomizu-dera is a wonderful experience and I would recommend anyone who visits Kyoto to make a trip to this area to see it for yourself.

No comments: