Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Jack of all trades, Master of none ...

I have waaaay too many interests. I've found myself trying to take on too many different activities at one time, but I have no desire to give up any one of them. Between work, video games, learning japanese/spanish/german, building a web site, studying for CCNA certification, seeing family, spending time with friends, exercise, Iaido, etc., I guess it shouldn't surprise me too much that I never feel like I have enough free time ...

... guess that might be why I am currently single. (Note to self: fix that)

But I digress. I find myself having many various interests. Some are due to a desire on my part to be more knowledgeable in a certain way, to enhance my career choices and path. Mainly this is evident in my trying to maintain a website (yes, trying being the operative word; haven't had the site up in two weeks at least now. Need to get that back on track.) and with my studying for CCNA certification. Other interests I have taken up are purely personal, to improve upon myself as a whole. I see this in my studying of different languages, as well as in my study of martial arts.

All in all, I aspire to achieve mastery in all the things that I have undertaken. The problem is that sometimes I feel that I'll never master any of them. Only be marginal in all of them. Don't know how I'd feel if that turned out to be the case. I can only do my best, and for now remain the jack of all trades and master of none ...




... well, I am master of one thing. The Ladder Match! And not a damn one of you can defeat me!

2 comments:

Nafa said...

All the empathy and related feelings was experiencing on the first few paragraphs of this blog...well, after the conclusion sentence you can forget it.

BASTARD!!!

xxxooo

-N. (only taken to heart because the truth does hurt, rung by rung)

Dragon said...

Sometimes my wife thinks that I have too much going on too. It's probably true.