Friday, February 25, 2005

T-minus 29 Days and counting ...

My first real vacation of this year will be starting in about a month and I absolutely cannot wait to go. For those of you who haven't been around me lately, myself and two friends (X and rotfiend) are going to be traveling to the Land of the Rising Sun at the end of March. I'll be gone for eight days and during the trip I will be visiting Kyoto, Osaka and Tokyo (with possibilities for even more places to see).

Since this will be my first time traveling to Japan, I am going as part of a tour group. I would have liked to done this all on my own, but with the limited amount of Japanese I have learned so far and my unfamiliarity with that part of the world I feel it's better if I go as part of a bigger group. Also, I have always expected that this will not be my only trip to Japan. For all intents and purposes, this is more like a scouting mission. I see no reason why I won't be going back at another time, and when I do so I can explore the country more on my own.

For those who are interested to know exactly what I'll be doing in Japan, here's the itinerary.

I'll add more on this later, cause right now I need to get back to work.

No comments: