Monday, April 03, 2006

Bleeding Orage & Blue

Well, you get busy for a while and come back to find new posts on your own blog. But, that's OK since I was the one who gave Ms. Ammy access. And Jack is pretty cute ...

So, I figured I would write a little bit about this past weekend while I sit here and watch the NCAA Basketball Championship between UF and UCLA. Actually, I can't concentrate on this post too much as I can't stop watching the Gators playing in this Championship Game.

Anyway, I had a pretty good weekend. On Saturday I invited a bunch of friends from work and personal life over for a game party. People started showing up around 18:30 that evening and I think the last group of people left about 01:00 on Sunday (before adjusting for Daylight Saving Time). X made plenty of food and drinks for everyone to enjoy. I am happy to say that everyone enjoyed themselves the entire night. The main attraction to the party were all the different games available for people to play. In the living room, we had the Xbox360 and PS2 going with SoulCalibur III, Dead or Alive 4, Fight Night Round 3, and Rumble Roses XX. Some of our friends (who aren't all that in to playing video games) brought some board games (like Trivial Pursuit and Cranium). For those of us playing video games, I think the game of the night would have to have been Fight Night. Challenges were issued, battles were fought and feelings were hurt. It was a great night!

... Commercial break, Gators 34 -- UCLA 22 ...

Sunday I joined my good friends to watch Wrestlemania 22. Yeah, I know. Professional wrestling? But it brings us all together for one or two nights a month where we all eat some dinner and relax and have a good time.

... Halftime, Gators 36 -- UCLA 25 ...

Oh, saw the greatest "This is Sportscenter" commercial a couple of nights ago and found it up on YouTube. Go check it out.

No comments: