Saturday, April 08, 2006

Stronger, faster, better

So, this week was not unlike any other but I had a pretty bad Wednesday. My day at work seemed to really put me in a poor mood, and I found myself getting annoyed pretty easily with pretty much anything. I went to the gym after work, hoping that I could work out some frustrations. But it seems that I was fated to have a bad day overall. I went to the Blitz, and it was time for my monthly weigh-in. I had been doing decent in reducing body fat % since I started in January, but Wednesday was simply not my day. I weighed in at 179 lbs. which was 5 lbs. heavier that what I had been. My body fat % had ballooned back up to 22.4% from 20.8%. This was worse that what it was when I started! With the way the day had gone so far, I was not too surprised that my scores were bad so I didn't hang my head or leave or anything. I worked out like always, and pretty much resigned myself to living through a bad day and getting a new start the next morning. But I'll tell you, inside I was pissed off! I had a goal in mind with my workouts and now I had just suffered a major setback. I'm not giving up, nowhere near that. I am thinking of ways to change my routine (thinking that my body may have gotten use to my workout regiment), planning on eating healthier (wasn't eating that bad to begin with, and hadn't made any eating changes in the last month, but why not be a little more diligent), and maximizing my efforts during my workouts. We'll see how I do in this next month.

No comments: