Sunday, July 08, 2007

One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall

On my last post I briefly talked about how I was waiting on most of my stuff from Florida to arrive. My car did end up getting here last Sunday, and I was happy to note that it got here in exactly the same condition as when it was picked up. I have already gotten it checked out by the local BMW dealer here, as well as gotten it a mini detail. On Tuesday I get to go to the DMV office to apply for my California driver's license and register my car here so I can get new tags.

My furniture arrived last Tuesday. The movers did a great job of transporting everything here with little to no damage on any of my things. I am pretty much set up in my room, and it is nice having all my clothes here (especially since I had packed all my cold-weather gear). I also have all my game systems, so at least I won't be bored during my job search. Right now, only my PS3 has network access. I have some work to do fixing the networking in the house so that I can get my Xbox360 connected.

So, I saw Transformers yesterday and I will just say that I really enjoyed it. I loved watching the Transformers cartoon when I was young, so when I first heard about a live-action movie I was really skeptical that it could be good. But I made sure to disassociate the movie from my memories of the cartoon and then I went in to the movie with an open mind. I ended up loving it, and it helps that they had the original voice of Optimus Prime reprising his role. I hope the movie does well enough to warrant a sequel.

Well, this coming week will just be me searching for a job. I have already applied to 3 positions at a company called Network Appliance, where my friend and roommate Kal works. I have also applied to 4 positions at Cisco, 1 position at Sony, and I have been contacted by a recruiter from a staffing agency about a 3-month contract position at Google. Hopefully one of these will pan out. I'll get an update out in at least a week.

1 comment:

Dragon said...

Best of luck to you in California!