Friday, September 28, 2007

Thoughts ... mainly about football ...

Hmmm ... not too much to report on so far since last time. I haven't gotten through the next list of games on my plate, and with Halo 3 coming out tomorrow (Note: this post was mostly written on 09/24/2007) it will most likely take me a while longer before I post another bit of game reviews. Guess I'll just post some random thoughts for now ...

... I'm really happy now that football season has started. I go out and join the San Fracisco Bay Area Gator Club every Saturday to watch the Florida Gators play. So far, we are 4-0 and #3/#4 in the nation (depending on which poll you look at: USA Today/AP). The Gators gave me a scare last week, but hopefully they'll play better this week against the Auburn Tigers. It's a revenge game too, as Auburn was the only team to defeat us last year on our way to winning the BCS National Championship, so I expect the Gators to put a whoopin' on the Tigers down in the Swamp.

... let me also give a quick congratulations to the USF Bulls, who are 3-0 and #18 in the nation in both polls. I lived in Tampa most of my life and have kept an eye on the USF football program since its inception. I am glad to see them doing so well so soon. -- Addendum: Good luck to USF tonight against WVU! I'll be watching tonight on ESPN2 HD.

... regarding my favorite NFL teams, I remain steadfast in my support of the Chicago Bears and their quarterback (Addendum: sorry Rex, but it seems like others don't share my beliefs that you can work out of your problems; you've been benched). I'm not happy they are 1-2, but I am not giving up on them especially since their next three games are against division opponents so they can correct a lot of things with 3 straight wins. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are faring much better as they are 2-1 and showing a much improved offense this year with Jeff Garcia as QB. I think the Bucs have an excellent chance to make the playoffs this year, but the next two weeks will really show what this team can do. They have a divisional matchup against the Carolina Panthers this coming week, and then they play the Indianapolis Colts.

... unfortunately, the Bears record is not helping me in my annual bet that I have with Badstar and KS1. I owe Badstar $2 and KS1 $1 so far, and I only hope it doesn't get worse as the season progresses.

... oh, ESPN has some nice wallpapers on their site for all the NFL teams. They made two wallpapers for each team in the league. I'm happy to report that one of the two teams I root for has a very nice wallpaper that I downloaded. It's included below if you want to take a look.





... last topic regarding football. I am really liking the "Leave Nothing" commercials that Nike are running on TV. For those who have never seen them, you can view the full commercial here. Just click on "Media" and then "Leave Nothing Ads" and let the video play.

No comments: