Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Earthquake cherry has been popped

Moderate Quake Shakes S. F. Bay Area

So, just want to let everyone know that I am alright and did not suffer anything from the quake last night. Actually, I was in a Fry's Electronics in Sunnyvale when it happened. It's funny because I was talking to X while looking at some A/V equipment when the ground started moving and the lights hanging from the ceiling started swaying. I was kind of in an entryway to a demo room, so I was in a pretty safe place and didn't worry. We kept talking throughout the event with me saying at one point, "I think we're having an earthquake over here...". X responds, "Really, that's awesome!". I'm like, "Yeah ... yeah, it is."

Now, in all seriousness, it's good to know this was not a big earthquake and that there were no serious damages or injuries to anyone around. But for someone who comes from an area prone to hurricanes and fierce storms, an earthquake is a different and interesting experience.

No comments: