Monday, June 30, 2008

June 24, 2008: A Day For Introspection - Introduction

I'm writing this a few days later than I had intended, but do you know what day June 24, 2008 was? Well, according to Wikipedia, one of the many things that has happened on this date happened in "1983 - Space Shuttle program: STS-7: Sally Ride, the first female American astronaut, returns to earth". But events like that are not exactly what I am talking about. You see, for me, 06/24/2008 represents the one-year mark of my time in California so far.

So, upon making that realization I decided to take a step back and reflect on what my goals were/are in coming out here and then match those goals up with where I think I am in terms of achieving them. Those goals that I had in mind when I first came out here are the following:
  1. Improve my career and grow my skills.
  2. Improve my health and physical fitness.
  3. Improve my dating life.
Let's take each one in turn, and see where I want to go and where I think I am. I'm usually pretty private when it comes to personal matters (or at least I like to think I am) so speaking about some of these things will not come easily for me. I'm also not too fond of the idea of putting this out there for all to see, but in some ways I see this as another outlet to grow.

So, here we go ...

No comments: