Sunday, December 25, 2005

Hail to the Holidays

I always enjoy this time of year. Despite the increase in traffic everywhere I go, I have great fun around Christmas. Last week I attended two Christmas parties, and my thanks go to KS-1 & his wife, and Jersey & Jill for being such wonderful hosts. I would have liked to do more myself for Christmas, like send out Christmas cards to my out-of-town friends and buy some more personalized gifts for people instead of handing out gift cards. But regardless of that, I've had a great week.

Now, my family celebrates the entirety of Christmas on Christmas Eve. It's the way my Dad was raised, so it's been our tradition as well. I went to my parent's house yesterday afternoon and we had a nice, quiet dinner. My Dad had requested we have roast turkey, just like on Thanksgiving, which ended up tasting perfect. Round that out with some home made sides and it was the perfect meal. Afterwards we opened gifts. I didn't ask for much this year, but I received a nice set of martini glasses from my sister and her family, and from my parents I got some newer clothes. I also received many gifts from my friends, among them being some DVDs, shirts, games and books. But the best part for me now is hanging out with family and friends.

Being Christmas Day today, I find myself not doing too much. I've been catching up reading some magazines (Maxim, Play, Newtype) and I plan on watching some DVDs today. Also need to finish up Darkwatch and play some more of Castlevania: Curse of Darkness.

Well, we're fast approaching the new year. I have some great hopes for next year, which I will expound upon at a later date. I hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or Happy whatever you celebrate!

No comments: