Friday, December 02, 2005

Why Dracos shouldn't fix his PC at 03:00

Happy to say I had a great time during this past holiday weekend. I absolutely stuffed myself on Thanksgiving, and had a wonderful time visiting my parents. Then this past Sunday we celebrated birthdays for X and EvilBadstar (X's was on the 27th and Badstar's was on the 29th). Once again, we had plenty of food and friends around to help celebrate and everyone had a great time. And Badstar is our Guitar Hero.

So overall it has been a pretty good week, omitting the normal work complaints. Unfortunately, I did have one problem that has taken most of my free time. Last Friday I came home to find that my main PC had lost its harddrive. Being a computer geek, I do not enjoy coming home and finding my computer on a DOS screen informing me that I need to remove or replace a non-system disk. I lost everything on that PC. And despite my efforts, there was no way to recover the data. On top of this, I was already experiencing problems with my monitor as it would like go blank even though a video signal was still present. So, after about 3 days worth of work and almost $600 worth of new equipment, I'm back up and running. Sad thing is, I knew this was coming because my now useless harddrive had been making "clicking" noises lately which usually indicates that it is about to fail. I had always planned to have two harddrives in my machine and set them up as a RAID 1 array. But I never got around to it and now I payed the price. It is taking a very long time for me to reinstall all my applications and data on the new harddrives ...



... Bah, I don't like how this post is going and quite frankly, it's too damn boring. In summary:
  1. Thanksgiving = good!
  2. Birthdays = good!
  3. PC blowing up = bad :(
Now, just some links I want to mention.

Later.

No comments: