Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Birthday Celebration and Father's Day

Two weekends ago, I traveled up to Columbus, OH, with my parents to visit my sister and her family. My niece was turning six years old so we traveled up to celebrate her birthday and Father's Day. Despite being the home base for Ohio State University, Columbus is a gorgeous place and around this time of year the temperature is wonderful, especially for those of us used to the heat and humidity in Florida. The trip was short but sweet. The entire family spent three, good-quality days together and both my niece and nephew really enjoyed seeing their uncle and grandparents. Their uncle and grandparents enjoyed seeing them as well. I always look forward to these trips because it is rare for all of us to be together, especially now that I am moving out.


One unrelated note regarding the trip though. Parked out in front of the hotel we were staying at was a Ford GT. I am not that knowledgeable about cars, but I do admire performance machines when I see them and the Ford GT is no slouch in my eyes. I wasn't too keen with the way it was painted, but in talking to people with more knowledge than I it seems that the car was painted to look like the GTs of old. That's all well and good, but I just didn't like the paint job at all. Even if it was orange & blue (being a UF grad I bleed those colors, but not in these tints)!


No comments: