Saturday, April 30, 2005

It's Updating Time!

Been a long time, hasn't it? Ok, time to fill everyone in on what's been going on the last few weeks.

1. Japan
First of all, my vacation in Japan was awesome. Despite the fact that I was sick throughout (and felt progressively worse each day), I still felt it was all well worth the effort. I met a lot of cool people that I still try to talk to when I can. I definitely plan on going again, maybe next year. I must also give props to Pop Japan Travel, the company I booked the vacation through. I felt the tour was run in a way that gave us a lot to do, but didn't compromise on our free time in the country. All of our tour guides were very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. I definitely plan on going out to Japan with all of you again!

2. Health
On the way to Japan, it seems I caught a cold. Thai Airways did not have the air conditioner running on the plane when it was sitting in the LAX terminal, so it was hot when we got on. It stayed warm almost the entire flight (12 hours), and one thing I cannot stand is being stuck in a warm area with no place to go to cool down. Upon landing in Kansai International Airport, I already had a sore throat. As the trip proceeded, I progressively got worse and developed a cough, congestion, stuffy/runny nose and nightly fevers. Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with Japanese OTC medicine, and neither myself nor X had thought to bring more than a small amount of medicine (neither of us expected to get sick, but then who does ...). The worst part was still to come, however. The flights home were an absolute nightmare, as the changes in pressure that I experienced during all three flights (Kansai->LAX, LAX->Houston, Houston->Tampa) gave me a full-blown sinus infection. Finally home, I was able to go to my doctor and I got medicine for 10 days. After the 10 days were up, I felt pretty good and thought I had beaten it. I was wrong. I was well for maybe 2-3 days, and then I started feeling like I had a mild sore throat. It's never gotten any worse than that, just a mild sore throat and a cough. It's annoying, but it's much better than the sinus headaches I was having right after I got home. I plan on going to my doctor again on Monday to get another prescription for antibiotics and decongestants.

The other bad part about this infection is that it makes me lethargic and so I haven't gone to the gym since I got back from Japan. I was doing real good and going to the gym 3 times/week and really working hard at getting back into shape. I'm not really that overweight, in fact, I wouldn't mind weighing what I do if it was muscle and not fat. I just hate missing this time in the gym.

3. Gaming
I have four new items to review, but that will be in the next post. I will mention each one briefly, just so you know what's been occupying my time.
  • God of War: Platform - PS2.
  • Fight Night Round 2: Platform - PS2 & Xbox
  • Jade Empire: Platform - Xbox
  • Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)

That's it for now. I hope to have the full writeup for my Japan vacation up shortly, and then I will review the above games/system. Hope everyone's doing well, and I will be updating more frequently now that I have the energy.

No comments: