Sunday, August 12, 2007

... and continues ...

Now, I just wanted to expand on my last topic a little bit more. I don't want it to seem like I am discouraged or depressed out here. Far from it, but like I said hunting for jobs has gotten a little annoying at least in certain situations. For example, I have gotten a lot of calls from different IT staffing/professional-service type companies regarding jobs they are trying to fill for various different clients. These staffing firms have seen my resume from one of the various job websites (like Monster or Dice) and feel my skills are a good fit for such-and-such position for so-and-so company. I end up speaking with maybe two or three people from the staffing firm, everything looks good and they submit me for the position. Then I don't seem to hear anything. I try to call or e-mail my contacts at the staffing firm, just to try and find out if the position is filled or if I am still in the running, but it just seems that I cannot get a hold of anyone. And that is what annoys me most about this whole job hunt. I don't mind finding out I was rejected for a position because at least I know and can go on to other leads. Now, this doesn't happen with every staffing firm I have spoken to, and I continue to have very good relationships with those that keep me in the loop. But this is where most of my frustration lies.

However, I don't feel like this is the appropriate time to dwell on this subject. It is the weekend, professional football (my Bears and Bucs have both won their first preseason games) has started and college football is almost here, and I had a really good time out last night both at dinner and the later on at some bars in Palo Alto. Going to enjoy some gaming today before settling in to watch some more preseason football this afternoon.

No comments: