Saturday, August 11, 2007

... and the job hunt continues

Well, not much to report at this time. I had hoped to be working by now, but things just aren't working out to my liking. Granted, I am not the most patient person so my job hunt is really going about how one would normally expect. But I would rather be working, and not still looking for work.

I thought I had a position last week, but it turns out the company I interviewed with (and by all indications, I interviewed well) decided they were not going to hire a new position out here in San Jose. They had just implemented 24x7 operations in their New York office, so my guess is that they are spending their money in an effort to staff that area.

So that leaves me back to applying all over. Of course, I also have recruiters calling me all the time telling me good things, but lately even that doesn't seem to get beyond the initial contacts. Quite frankly, this is getting a little annoying.

No comments: