Sunday, December 09, 2007

Congratulations to Superman ... uh ... I mean, Tim Tebow



I would just like to congratulate the 2007 recipient of the Heisman Memorial Trophy, Tim Tebow. Being a UF alumni, I have watched pretty much every game he has played in and believe the award is well-deserved. Darren McFadden, the running back at Arkansas, is an incredible player, able to score touchdowns in any number of ways, but unfortunately I do not feel he had as good a season this year as Tim Tebow did for the Gators. Tim Tebow scored 51 touchdowns this year (29 passing/22 running) and before anyone says anything not everyone of his running touchdowns were 1-yard plunges across the goal line. For example, look at the 15+ touchdown run he had at the beginning of the FSU-UF game. Of course, I think most people would agree winning an award like this tends to put a target on your chest for your opponents. Most people probable think it looks like this:


But I think most of us UF alumni would agree the target looks more like this:

No comments: