Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Gauntlet

No, not that gauntlet. This one:
The Florida Gators start their run through the SEC schedule, and we always start out with a critical contest against the Tennessee Volunteers. I think I heard somewhere, possibly on ESPNRadio, that the winner of this game has gone on to represent the SEC East in the SEC Championship 13 out of 16 years. When I was attending the University of Florida, the Volunteers of Tennessee were who I considered to be our main rivals. I have always felt that if the Gators defeat the Volunteers then they will control their destiny in attaining the SEC Championship.

So, today I will be meeting my fellow Gators at the South Bay Swamp. We'll be watching the game and cheering our eventual win. I wanted to put up some pictures from past UF-UT games, but I don't have any so I went with something else.

Tennessee Volunteers


Florida Gators

Picture taken from http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0806/campus.cheer.florida/content.2.html
And is of Britany Raymond.

No comments: