Friday, September 26, 2008

Leaving California: Things I'll Miss

As my departure from the great state of California is imminent, I've thought of a few things that I know I will be missing. In no particular order:
  • The San Francisco Bay Area Gator Club. Meeting up with this club has been one of the best things I could have ever done out here. I have met many great people who I am proud to call friends, and have not been in that type of fan atmosphere since living in Gainesville.
  • Speaking of people, I will miss all the friends I have made while out here. Not just my roommates, but the people I met in the alumni club, on my last trip to Japan and through work.
  • The laid-back atmosphere at work. I literally could walk in to my job wearing a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops and no one would really bat an eye. I don't mind the business-casual work environment, but man was it nice to not have to worry about showing up looking under-dressed.
  • The closeness to all the video game companies. I'll miss this mainly because I was afforded many opportunities to attend game launches, industry events, beta test upcoming releases, and generally hang around in the area one of my hobbies is built up.
  • The great abundance of ethnic foods/eateries. Within walking distance of where I lived I had a choice between Korean, Indian, Japanese, etc. to eat from. The variety is astounding.
  • The beautiful women. Granted, I'm moving away from beautiful California women and going back to gorgeous Florida women so it's not really bad at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your timing couldn't have been better to swoop in and knock some sense into your brood. I was thinking about it today and since you left last June Kirk has been wearing nothing but Crocs, X has been a sleepless wreck, and Nafa has become a huge Mamma Mia! fan.

SAVE US, HEK!!!