Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Randomness Pt. 2

Another set of random things that have been running through my brain over the last few days.
  • I participate in Fantasy Football, and I got absolutely pwned in all three leagues that I belong to. It was not a very fun Sunday watching my carefully constructed teams be obliterated.
  • Had a great Saturday, though. Watched the Gators blow out the Volunteers, and despite what some people are saying I like what the Gators did in that game. To me, it seemed as though UF decided to work on their running attack a majority of the game. That's fine with me because as we get deeper into the SEC schedule we will need to have that running attack to lean on. We all know what Tim Tebow can do when called upon.
  • The Presidential Election here in the United States is quickly approaching. I haven't been paying too much attention these last two weeks. Isn't the first televised debate between Obama and McCain happening soon?
  • Can I just say I hate the stock market. It's a damned experiment in mass psychology! If certain officials open their mouths to breathe, the Dow drops about 100 points. It never seems to be based on factual data, instead depending on rumor and conjecture. I have on problem with a free market system, but something definitely needs to be done.
  • I've got only a little while left here in San Jose. I'm still on track for moving back to Florida in early October. I've definitely got a bittersweet feeling about it all, but I'll come back to that in my next post.
  • Ok, seriously, WTF is up with my Firefox browser? I've been having a bitch of a time recently playing any kind of embedded videos. YouTube, GameTrailers, videos off of G4, etc. The video will start playing as it buffers, but after 2 or 3 seconds it will just stop. The video continues buffering but never restarts playing. I can click on it to start it again, but video will stop playing after another 2-3 seconds from where ever I started. And I know it's just Firefox 3.0.1 because I have no problems playing the exact same videos in Internet Explorer 7.0. WTF?!?
  • Oh, there's also no sound when I try to play those videos in Firefox. The weird thing is, I have not made any changes or tweaks to my system in months. So I cannot figure out why this broke all of a sudden.

1 comment:

Dracos said...

Actually, I figured it out. It was a problem with my Adobe Flash plug-in. I just had to uninstall it and the reinstall.