Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Day of Introspection: Part 3

Here's the post where I'm going to lose any and/or all of the goodwill and respect I've built up over the years. This is because I am not going to toe the politically correct line and say that when looking at starting a relationship with a women, I am looking for intelligence, compassion, humor and tolerance. Of course, all of those traits are important. But honestly, the first thing I want is physical attractiveness. I mean, hell, part of my belief in getting myself in shape is so that I am physically attractive to the women I date!

I've been in a bit of a rut lately, when it comes to dating. Honestly, my last relationship lasted a long time so I was not too interested in getting involved with anyone soon after it ended. I figured it would be easier to coast along as a bachelor, and if anyone promising came along than I would see where things lead. But it's been years now, and I'm quite tired of being alone.

Unfortunately, I'm not the kind of person who meets women at a bar or at a club. Most of my past relationships were people I was introduced to by a mutual friend. This trick has served me for a long time, but now it's come back to bite me in the ass. You see, most of my friends only seem to know people who are already in a long-term relationship (or are married ... or gay ...). So I'm in a transitional period, I guess, where I'm trying to decide how to put myself out on the market.

... by the way, the pictures I have accompanying this post are really more a test. I figure if I you give me hell for posting pictures of beautiful women, and you are female, then we need not discuss this subject anymore. Just think of me as a dirty, old man (i.e. Happosai) and be on your way ...

*Ahem* ... I digress. I have had the distinct pleasure to have been complimented as being a gentleman by a few women I have met. I think most of my friends would say that I am a good person with some eccentricities. And you know what, I like being the way that I am and have no intention of changing. But you know what they say. "Nice guys finish last." That might not be true, but you know what. Right now, it certainly feels that way.

No comments: