Thursday, August 28, 2008

Photos from May: Fun at a Foggy Beach

My roommate, rockin' the headband/bandanna.

I realized lately that once again I have fallen off my goal of updating this blog more regularly. But I have come up with some topics to cover over the next few days. We'll start with a trip that happened back in May 2008.

For my roommate's birthday, we decided to go to the beach. He had wanted to go surfing so we decided to head up to Pacifica and check out a beach that some of our other roommates knew about. It was kind of weird, at least for a man like me who's used to Florida beaches. We started out from San Jose and the temperature was in the 90s. By the time we made it to the beach in Pacifica, the temperature had dipped to the upper 60s. And fog was rolling in off the ocean. Add to that some interesting architecture and it ended up being really surreal. Take a look for yourself.

Fog rolling in.

Is that a bunker emplacement?

Stone steps leading up the mountain. Don't know who made them ...

Look at those waves.

1 comment:

Nafa said...

Damn, I sure do miss the West Coast.