Thursday, August 07, 2008

Day of Introspection: A Slight Clarification

So, in Part 1 I made the following statement.

"To be brutally honest, I would say that up to this point I have failed. Some might think I'm being a little to harsh on myself, but I don't believe in moral victories, half-truths, or some other kind of feel-good nonsense that you find on a poster somewhere."

Speaking of posters ...

I love that picture! You can purchase it from Despair, Inc. at the following address.

Anyway, a very well-written comment was made on that post and it contained the following nugget of advice.

"Anyway, to cut to the chase. Reflect, analyze, ponder. Do all of these. But give yourself the credit you deserve just for undertaking the journey."

First off, I want thank this commenter for reminding me to not be too hard on myself. After reading this over, I think I should clarify my feelings somewhat. I don't want it to seem like I feel that my move out here to California has been a failure. Far from it, to be truthful. I've enjoyed my time out here immensely and feel that my entire experience so far has been enriching and fulfilling. So, I do think I give myself credit for things. I just kind of forgot to do so when I made that post.

1 comment:

Nafa said...

Thank you for the honor of your well chronologically placed blogging times.

I've tried to think on how I could elaborate more that what I've already said, and I really cannot other than the reinforcing those words. As it says in the Hagakure, 'Matters of great concern should be considered lightly... Matters of small concern should be considered seriously.' In other words, follow your heart. You know where I stand and that whatever the case you are always supported unconditionally. And nothing in this matter should be counted as failure. A man only fails when he learns nothing from his experiences or fails to even take the first step. You are triumphant.

Keep the Faith.

-N.